The Governor Juan F. Luis Hospital and Medical Center has announced the launch of its “2021 Amnesty Program”. The goal of the “2021 Amnesty Program” is to offer an incentive to people in the community to clear off their outstanding hospital bills and restore their credit reports. This program is available to JFL past and present patients who fall into any of the categories below:
- ALL Inpatient and Outpatient accounts for dates of service on or before December 31, 2021, are eligible for the Amnesty Program discount.
- ALL government employees are eligible for the Amnesty Program discount.
- ALL self-pay accounts are eligible for the Amnesty Program discount.
- Amnesty Program discounts range from 25% to 50% off the initial sum. (Please see Discount Table)
- Amnesty Payment Plan arrangements are allowed; however, they are not to exceed beyond the amnesty program timeframe. Account balances must be cleared by the program’s end, if not the discount will be reversed
- Persons who have payment plans agreed to prior to the Amnesty Program with an included discount that would like to take advantage of the Amnesty Program for their unpaid balance are encouraged to do so. The original discount will be reversed to apply the 2021 Amnesty Program discount. Account balances must be cleared by the program’s end, if-not, Amnesty Program discounts are withdrawn, and Collection Agency operations continues.
- Collection agency credit records will be cleared upon complete payment.
In anticipation of the large number of people expected to take advantage of the 2021 Amnesty Program, all customer payments can be made by mail or in person.
Acceptable methods of payment include cash, money order, certified check, cashier’s check, credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express), and Care Credit.
For further information, kindly call Patient Financial Services at (340) 778-6311, extensions 2861, 2813, 2797, or 2876.