Provide technical knowledge and the ability to test, repair and maintain medical devices. Equipment includes electronic test equipment and various types of medical equipment. Testing will be done in our facility and will involve staff interaction.
- Performs a variety of routine and complex task associated with the illustration, service and calibration of therapeutic, diagnostic or life support biomedical instrumentation.
- Performs electrical safety test on biomedical instrumentation using specialized test equipment.
- Documentation introduction of new therapeutic, diagnostic, and analytical equipment, corrective and preventive maintenance actions and special request are required.
- Install, maintain service, troubleshoot, and calibrate variety diagnostic, therapeutic, and analytical devices by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions by making alterations, repairs, or replacements to ensure that biomedical instrumentation and internal circuitries meet specified requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to GFJL system personnel in the operation and maintenance of biomedical instrumentation.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Maintains good personal relationships with fellow workers, nursing and medical staff, and the general public.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Provides mentoring to biomedical equipment technicians.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school or equivalent plus one year experience. A.S. degree in electronics or related curriculum preferred or
- Minimum 1 year mechanical repair and/or maintenance experience required, medical equipment a plus.
- Prior experience with biomedical devices in a healthcare facility.
- Experience with physical plant layout and location of related equipment — including circuit breakers, water mains, HVAC controls, and fire equipment/ systems.