The individual will act as an interface between Materials management Department and the Operating Room; This individual is responsible primarily for the management of the Operating Room inventory and performing key responsibilities in accordance with the establishment procurement policies and standards to ensure that Operating Room supplies are readily available and adequately maintained to attain best standard of care for patients.
- Assesses the items stocked in the Operating Room, aligns these items into categories and performs accurate inventory counts of these items;
- Leverages Meditech in daily routines to ensure that Operating Room inventory items usage are accurate;
- Determines par levels of stock items to be maintained to ensure that inventory levels are within mandated targets;
- Analyzes and reorders quantities of stock items proposed by Meditech and provides recommendations of Materials Management Department;
- Works cross functionally with Clinical/Medical staff to identify non-stock requirements and initiates formal request for quotes from approved vendors;
- Processes requisitions (on-line/ H-1 Forms) for non-stock items following approval by Operating Room Management and forward to Materials Management for processing of Purchase orders;
- Provides necessary feedback to end users on the status of supplies received;
- Monitors open purchase orders and expedite orders for the Operating Room based on priority needs by continuously following up with vendors to ensure that delivery dates are met;
- Provides formal feedback to Clinical Staff on the status of purchase orders;
- Performs cycle counts at timely intervals to improve accuracy or Operating Room stock;
- Collaborates with Clinical/Medical Staff to standardize products used in the Operating Room;
- Identifies costs savings opportunities for high/value usage items and forwards requests to the Materials Management Department which is responsible for initiating negotiations to realize saving opportunities;
- Participates actively in the implementation of software enhancements (Meditech) aimed at improvement of inventory management of Operating Room supplies (for example, Physicians Preference Card and Online Requisitions);
- Prepares monthly expenditure reports for supplies, inventory coverage reports, stock count variances, status reports and other reports deemed necessary to improve overall inventory management of the Operating Room;
- Performs file maintenance of all inventory and non-stock files to include quotations, purchase orders, receiving reports, product specifications, vendor catalog, item cross-reference files, and other pertinent information;
- Works with the Business Office to ensure the accurate posting of all charges based on actual billable items consumed to patient accounts;
- Maintains compliance with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies and applicable hospital and medical staff policies;
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university in Business Administration or a related field;
- Three to five years in a purchasing department and 2 years of experience with OR healthcare equipment and supplies are preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability, and communication skills.