The Administrator is responsible for the overall management of ESRD /Hemodialysis Unit, to include proving optimum care to all ESRD patients. He/She ensures compliance with the requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies, hospital and medical staff policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains compliance with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies and with applicable hospital and medical staff policies.
- Organizes and coordinates the administrative functions of the ESRD unit
- Maintains and submits such reports and records, including chronological record of services provided to patients, as may be required by the ESRD unit
- Participate in development, negotiation, and implementation of agreements or contracts
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the dialysis plan and budget maintenance of fiscal records
- Ensures that there is an adequate number of qualified staff and that all staff receives the appropriate orientation to the ESRD unit and to their work responsibilities.
- Interacts with Public Relations, community agencies and /or organizations to assure optimal coordination and use of the resources in the community
- Actively participates in continuing educational to maintain knowledge of national, state and local regulations
- Must possess a current Virgin Islands license as a Registered Nurse and have graduated with a Bachelor of Science from a Nursing Program or evidence of continuing education towards requirements, with at least (1) years experience in an ESRD unit at a supervisory or management
- Two years of experience in nursing administration; with evidence of continuing education directly related to the job specifications.
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability, and communication Knowledge of adult inpatient care management, policies, budgeting, personnel management, and census development is required. Current BLS (ACLS, PALS and Nonviolent crisis Intervention (or related course) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of ESRD compliance requirements with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations
- Continuous awareness of the Quality Improvement Plan in accordance with safe Federal , CMS and JCAHO standards
- Skill in maintaining records and preparing reports
- Ability to identify potential health and safety hazards
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other employees, patients and relative of the health care facility.