The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. They are responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance warranty and emergency repairs.
- Installs, maintains and repairs ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifies maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleans adjusts and repairs systems, and performs warranty services.
- Performs emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeps daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensures compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulatory Agencies
- Complies with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirement
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 0-2 years experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.