Registered Nurse works under the general supervision of the Head Nurse. Provides professional care and coordinates care with other disciplines.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patient’s condition and develops individual care plans for patients.
- Administers and controls narcotics and medications.
- Assists in formulating and screening Performance Improvement criteria and providing in-service training for staff.
- Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care plans as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
- Maintains patient documentation, to ensure accuracy of patient medical treatment.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Assists other members of the nursing team and other supportive disciplines.
- Promotes emotional stability of patients, expresses interest in their progress related to direct patient care.
- Assists physician with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Arranges for patients’ diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patients/families comfort and privacy.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service education and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Please List Education/Experience/Credentials)
- Must possess a current Virgin Islands license as a Registered Nurse and have graduated from an accredited A-A Degree in Science or Nursing Program.
- Must have two years of professional nursing experience in the adult inpatient care setting is
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability, and communication
- Knowledge of adult inpatient care management, policies, budgeting, personnel management, and census development is
- Current CPR certification is required, ACLS preferred.