Provides respiratory therapy (invasive and noninvasive) to patients from newborn to the elderly, as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices and oversee the supervising of the Respiratory Therapy Department in the absence of the Chief of the Respiratory Department.
- Maintain established hospital/departmental policies, procedure, objectives, performance improvement, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Possesses the ability to provide respiratory therapy (invasive and noninvasive) to patients as ordered.
- Therapy/services provided include: Administration of aerosolized medication, oxygen administration, airway management, postural drainage (chest physiotherapy/physical therapy), rapid responses (Codes), mechanical and noninvasive ventilation, respiratory consultation and the discontinuation of therapy, all per physician’s order.
- Responds to all Code Blue, Code Green, STEMI Alerts, and Trauma Alerts.
- Documenting and charging of Respiratory services.
- Set up equipment for physician and assist physician during procedure.
- Perform arterial blood gas sampling.
- Make recommendation for appropriate therapy by notifying physician for neonates, pediatric and adult patients. Provide emergency treatment as authorized.
- Responsible for the equipment set up, initiation and management of patients on continuous ventilation
- Maintain department records, reports and files as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Please List Education/Experience/Credentials)
- Graduate of an approved RCP program
- Experience with NICU population required.
- Board credentialed as a Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Please List Education/Experience/Credentials)
- Graduate of an accredited two (2) or four (4) year program in respiratory therapy
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certifications in the following:
ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support),
PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support),
NRP (Neonatal Pediatric Program)