The Governor Juan F. Luis Hospital and Medical Center (JFL) is the life blood of our island. The Patient Family Council was formed to build community support and trust for the hospital. We have been active as a group since March 2014 and are excited about the myriad of ways we can assist the hospital in growing and furthering health care on St. Croix.
THE GOALS OF THE COUNCIL ARE:
- Encourage Active Community Support.
- Develop Dialogue with the Community.
- Educate the Community about the Hospital.
- Raise Funds in support of Council Initiatives.
- Raise money to support Council Strategies.
- Assist with hospital’s major fund raising.
We also work to create networks with other community organizations for the benefit of the hospital.
The council currently consists of a cadre of 18-20 volunteers who all bring unique professional, social, and financial skills with them as members. The Council has a valuable perspective to share on the various issues the hospital faces.
We believe that involvement by the Council has tremendous benefit for the hospital.
- Meet and Greets
- Spaghetti, Meatballs, and Motown
- Activities of Beautification Committee
- Wish List – Island-made toys to support JFL
- Identify donations for specific needs
- Blood drives
- Strategic Phone Numbers Handout